Aesthetically, the HA-2SE keeps the HA-2’s original style and design, featuring genuine leather with contrast stitching and beveled aluminum edges on the casing. Inside, OPPO engineered the HA-2SE to enhance music playback from mobile phones and portable music players. Featuring hybrid class AB amplification and a USB DAC, the HA-2SE offers high performance digital-to-analog conversion for Apple’s iPhone/iPod products, a wide range of Android devices, PC and Mac computers. Equipped with a 3000mAh internal battery and OPPO’s patented safe rapid charging technology, the HA-2SE may be conveniently used to charge mobile devices on-the-go and can itself be efficiently charged in 30 minutes.
The HA-2SE is a very mobile-centric portable headphone amplifier and DAC that pairs exceptionally well with iOS and Android devices. It works especially well with Apple’s newly released iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Being a “Made for iPhone” certified device and coming with a Lightning cable included, the HA-2SE can charge the iPhone and play music at the same time. Its high-end DAC and high output amplifier can provide a significant improvement in sound quality and drive a much wider variety of headphones than the Lightning-to-3.5mm adapter that comes with the new iPhone. When used with the right apps, the HA-2SE supports bit-perfect playback of high resolution music, exceeding the 48 kHz sample rate limitation of using the phone’s built-in headphone output or headphone adapter.
In addition to the USB DAC inputs, the HA-2SE provides a 3.5 mm line-in jack for portable music players that do not have a USB-compatible digital output. The same jack doubles as line-out when the HA-2SE is used as a DAC. The headphone amplifier has two gain level settings. The High Gain mode is capable of driving large power-hungry headphones, delivering up to 300 mW into 16-Ohm headphones. The Low Gain mode is intended for sensitive In-Ear Monitor type earphones. For users who like a bit more punch and impact with their music, the HA-2SE offers a Bass Boost function that is implemented purely with analog audio circuits.
With its excellent sound quality, elegant style and mobile-friendly features, the OPPO HA-2SE headphone amplifier is a great companion to any smartphone or portable music player. Priced at $299, the HA-2SE can be ordered from OPPO Digital’s web site or resellers. The HA-2SE will be available for audition and demo at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver, October 7 – 9.
Key features of the HA-2SE include:
• Ultra-slim Design – Stacking the HA-2SE on top of most smartphone models is often still thinner than other portable headphone amplifier models alone.
• ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC – ES9028Q2M DAC chip delivers high-resolution performance with extremely low noise and distortion.
• High-Resolution Audio – The HA-2SE supports PCM audio up to 384 kHz / 32-bit, DSD audio up to 12 MHz (DSD256 or DSD4x). No Camera Connection Kit is required for high-resolution playback from iOS devices.
• Ideal Companion for iPhone 7 – The HA-2SE provides improved sound quality over the adapter that comes with the iPhone 7, and its ability to charge the phone while the user listens to music, solving the issue arising from the removal of the 3.5 mm headphone jack.
• Multiple Devices Support – The HA-2SE supports multiple device types for digital-to-analog conversion via USB: iPod / iPhone / iPad, smartphones with USB OTG feature, PC and Mac computers.
• Mobile Power Bank with Rapid Charging – The HA-2SE functions as an external battery pack to charge mobile devices. Its internal battery can be quickly charged in about 30 minutes with the patented rapid charger.