Voice control is everywhere, from smart speakers to robots, automotive audio, smart home controls and more. Such devices need to both reproduce sound faithfully and hear commands accurately, meaning that testing of both the speakers and microphone array is extremely important.
Although this presents challenges such as injecting and extracting response signals, time delays, and triggering the system using voice commands, these can be overcome to measure the same parameters as traditional loudspeakers, In addition we can also measure microphone array performance, speakerphone performance and more.
The practical half-day seminar, taught by industry experts Steve Temme, and Marc Marroquin, of Listen, Inc., will explain and demonstrate how to test voice-controlled and cloud-enabled devices, focusing on:
- Stimulating and capturing responses from a device where you don’t have direct access to the microphone or speaker (open loop testing).
- Delays, asynchronous stimulus / acquisition, and working with the ‘cloud’
- Testing with real world signals such as speech and music, and how to analyze results from these test stimuli
- Voice Recognition – key word spotting, wake word testing, directionality, and the effect of background noise on voice recognition performance
- Telephony – testing smart speakers for hands-free calling
Locations and Dates
Addison, IL: Wednesday July18th, 9.00am – 1.30pm.
Hilton Garden Inn, 551 N Swift Rd, Addison, IL 60101
Waltham, MA: Friday July 20th, 9.00am – 1.30pm. Hilton Garden Inn, 450 Totten Pond Rd, Waltham, MA 02451
Full Agenda and registration link is now available here: