“IBC is the perfect launch platform for our new compact SAM systems,” comments Lars-Olof Janflod, Marketing and PR Director at Genelec. “Visitors will discover how much further developments we have put in this new generation of SAM systems to offer intelligent auto-calibrating systems that are easy and friendly to use. Reaching a much wider range of production facilities and business applications, these new high resolution audio monitoring systems naturally extend our SAM range to smaller sizes while offering performance never seen or heard before in the audio monitoring business.”
The 8320 and 8330 monitors feature Genelec’s Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE), made of recycled die-cast aluminium as well as the advanced Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) technology. While the 8320 and 8330 monitors and the 7350 subwoofer are small in stature, they are able to achieve superior performance and are part of the highly integrated software and hardware solutions developed by Genelec R&D team. With their floating point digital signal processing engines and Genelec-designed Class D amplifiers, these SAM systems reflect the forward thinking that makes Genelec a leading benchmark in audio monitoring for broadcast, post-production, and music facilities.
Genelec’s SAM technology is an indispensable tool when dealing with the challenging reality of small room acoustics. SAM technology automatically optimises and aligns each monitor and subwoofer for relative levels, time, subwoofer crossover phase as well as individual room response compensations. So, even if the monitors or the production projects move between rooms, SAM technology allows the highest consistency in monitoring by always providing a neutral sound stage imaging with low distortion.
Genelec Loudspeaker Manager GLM 2.0
The GLM 2.0 Genelec Loudspeaker Manager is a highly intuitive and powerful monitor control networking system that manages connectivity to all 8300 Series monitors and 7300 Series subwoofers on the network – up to 30.
The GLM 2.0 software features adjustment of levels, distance delays and flexible room response compensation equalisation with the state-of-the-art and AutoCal automated calibration system. All parameters and settings are stored in system setup files or saved in each individual monitor or subwoofer if the GLM network needs to be disconnected.
GLM 2.0 software features:
• Connectivity for up to twenty-five 8300 Series monitors and five 7300 Series subwoofers
• The GLM 2.0 introduces a new user interface designed to make setups and calibrations easier with enhanced flexibility.
• Highly graphical approach to monitor placement in the room and system settings
• GLM 2.0 computer control allows for repeatable, consistent performance, reducing perceived differences between listening environments or positions
• GLM 2.0 provides interface to AutoCal automated acoustical system-wide self-calibration algorithm
• Analogue or digital audio input types are created together with monitor groups
• Each group can have a separate AutoCal calibration
• Groups contained in one GLM system setup file can feature both analogue and digital input use
• Unlimited number of system setup files can be created
• Volume control via GLM 2.0 software fader or external wired or wireless volume controllers
GLM AutoCal provides an integrated process for complete automated measurement, analysis, and adjustment of every monitor on the GLM control network using a factory-calibrated Genelec 8300A acoustic measurement microphone (included). The Acoustic Response Editor provides accurate graphical display of the measured response, filter compensation and the resulting system response for each monitor, with full manual control of acoustic settings. SinglePoint and MultiPoint microphone positions provide measurements for one, two or three person mixing environments (ex: recording/mixing engineer, musician and producer positions).
To see an excellent video about Genelec’s new Compact SAM Systems click here.